My wife already has a two year old baby and is expecting our first child soon. how do I make sure that she is fair to my child?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Both are her child, and you are her current husband. Why would she be unfair to your child? Anyway it is also impossible to be fair to the both of them equally as they are at different stages of childhood and need different kinds of attention. I think you should try to be understanding instead and help her to manage the other baby so that you can all enjoy life together as a family and not be so concerned about being fair to his child or your child. Both are your children now.

Read more

I think this question applies more to you than her because biologically she is the mother of both the kids but you are not the biological father of both. So, in that case she must be the one who would be worrying about this thing that whether you will love her child from the previous marriage the same way as you would love the one who is coming. She is mother to both the kids so she would love them equally like any other mother with two kids does.

Read more

Agree with the above answers. I wont worry about her treating the children differently, because she went through labour for both of them herself. Both are her flesh and blood. BUT are you able to take her elder child as your own child, and not show favourtism? If you end up showing favourtism, u might end up forcing your wife to side with the other child more. So you have to love and treat both child equally.

Read more
VIP Member

Both are her children.. there won't be much difference. But in fact , is how are u going to treat her 2yo baby.. like u will still treat it as ur own kid. u have to have more hands on in handling the kids.. the way u interacts with her 2y baby.. I personally as a wife, I would observe n judge.. if there is any mistreatment frm my current hub to my elder son whom is frm my previous marriage.

Read more

Pardon me if i may sound rude. Both are her kids. What makes you think that she wont be fair to your child. It should be the other way around actually. She should be worrying if you would be fair to her other child. Nevertheless blended families are tough. I know it, as im in it as well. Blessings!

Read more
VIP Member

Since she is pregnant with your child, I don't think she will treat that child any differently from her child from a previous marriage. Actually, it's better to accept her two year old as your own to make your life easier.

thanks