My two-year-old is a fussy eater. How do I make sure that he is getting all the right nutrients?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some suggestions you can try to encourage your son to try new/a variety of food: You can try eating together as a family and having the same food as your toddle. When your child sees that you are having the same food, he will be more inclined to “copy” and join in. Praise him when he is willing to try something new. Make a big fuss out of it, he will likely enjoy the attention. Be enthusiastic about the food that you are feeding him. When he sees how much you are enjoying the food, he will be more motivated to try it as well. Make mealtimes relaxed and enjoyable. Arrange lunch/dinner dates with other children. When he sees his peers eating and enjoying the food, he will want to join in too. Try offering different finger food to help he learn about textures of various food. He will learn to have greater control over self-feeding and this may also make him more open to trying different food. Involve your son. During grocery shopping, get him to pick out things in the supermarket. When he is old (and stable) enough, ask him to help set up the dining table. These will help promote positive eating habits, and hopefully lead to less pickiness when it comes to eating. These are just a few I’ve picked from this article; you can take a look for more ideas: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1008600/how-to-cope-with-feeding-a-fussy-toddler

Read more

My daughter is probably one of the fussiest eaters I've ever known. She was about 3 years old when the food tantrums started so it was difficult for me to "hide" the good stuff into her food because she could spot them. What I did was to firmly tell her this is would be her meal and there would be no other if she doesn't eat up. If she misses her meal or doesn't finish up, she gets nothing except snacks (once in between meals). The only snacks we have in the house is usually blueberries, celery or fruits that my mum would buy. I admit, this sounds harsh and is quite difficult to put across to a 3 year old but after a week, it seems to get easier and easier.

Read more
VIP Member

Have a balance diet of everything. You can create dishes which hides the taste of certain food. Vegetables Patties are a great food to trick the toddlers into consuming their vegetable intake. Or you can create fun into their diet! Here are some ideas on the ways you can serve food to your toddlers https://www.pinterest.com/pin/108086459782026607/

Read more

Encourage him to eat... show him that it is do yummy and you are eating too... Can make up stories about the food that you are eating, then get him to tell you his story... there's no end to having fun and laughter with stories :) All the best!

The book why my child won’t eat is a really good book and have helped me a lot. I would strongly recommend you to read that book. Is a quick read not a fat long over analysed book.

Post reply image

i noticed my son was a picky eater now he already 7 years he always said to me im hungry... haaaa i think its normal cause they dont have a big tummy like us

Pediasure is contained 37 nutrients, give your child pediasure daily with glass of milk or water. it is a great helpful for fussy eater child...

6y ago

Hye. Is that okay to mix pedia sure with formula milk?

You should give your child pediasure, it contains 37 nutrients and vitamins, it is best health drink for fussy eater child.

of ako ang aNg magtatrabaho"full ,body mo,romance na nalupit,lalo na sa tonatago ;o

thanks