How do I make sure that my two year old is finishing his meals in daycare? The teacher says he eats but I am still worried.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A way to monitor food intake is to check your son's food container. However, he may very well give his food away! You can also befriend the teacher so it may be easy to persuade her to take photos of your child eating. It may be a bit extreme, but if it gives you peace of mind, then go ahead and do it. Another thing you can do is to exert the effort to prepare food that your child absolutely loves so there's more of a chance he finishes everything you pack for him. However, in the end, if you are truly worried about his appetite, then head to your doctor to discuss normal weight for his age and if you need to have him take appetite stimulants.

Read more

Try to check with the daycare teacher how much portions your baby eats in school. Normally teacher will feedback. For me, I will continuosly checking with teacher 1 to 2 weeks and if I notice any patterns, e.g. picky on certain food, I will feedback to teacher. As long as the baby doesn't look extremely hungry after you pick him up from the school it means he is eating well. If you are still worry about he is not eating enough, you can arrange with the teacher to let her/him offer a bottle of milk before naptime or after wake up from nap.

Read more

It's tough being a working mother, but sometimes you have to be patient and look for signs. If your baby looks happy and satisfied in the daycare, probably he is having his meals on time. Trust the teacher, she's your best friend at this time of your life.

thanks