My toddler walks on her toes often, is this normal?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Unless she is doing it all the time, you need not be too concerned. Some toddlers walk on their toes for fun. If you observe any of these signs, then it may be good to bring her to the doctor: - she walks on her toes most of the time - she has stiff muscles - she appears uncoordinated and walks awkwardly - appear to have other fine motor skills that are not developing normally (e.g., unable to button shirt) - she seems like she is unable to bear her weight while on flat foot - seems to be losing some motor skills that she has developed Tiptoe in children may be a sign of a physical problems (such as having a short Achilles tendon) and toe walking may be related to a motor disorder. An assessment will be carried out by your doctor if he/she suspect your child of having any of these conditions and appropriate treatment may then be suggested. Having said all these, if your daughter is only doing it occasionally out for fun and have no issues walking normally, it shouldn’t be a cause of concern. Monitor her walking for a while and consult your doctor if needed. For more information, you could refer to this article: http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-child-is-walking-on-her-toes_12580.bc

Read more
VIP Member

I’ve recently asked this with my 20 month old’s pedia. As per doc, it’s normal so long as he doesn’t do it often and it should eventually go away when he turns 2 years old.

VIP Member

U may try shoes which comes sound they may like it n they walk normally still walking like tht means better to consult with ur pd

VIP Member

Yes it’s normal as toddlers are in the stage of exploring and this will pass

They are still exploring at this stage. Not to worry as they will outgrow it

yes this is normal, it's just your little one exploring

thanks

Mine too. Eventually she won’t Don’t worey

Yes dear it will pass

Md.sumon