My period has been delayed but the pregnancy test is negative. Should I visit the doctor or wait for another week?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

AN Amazing Testimony On A Spell Caster Who help me to get pregnant, So me and my partner have been trying for a baby for the last 5 years now and we have had no luck. I don't have a regular cycle so it is hard for me to tell when I'm ovulating or not, but we always have sex at least 2 times a week, sometimes more. I know it can take up to a year to conceive but everyone i know who have had a baby have conceived within 2-3months of trying and it is really getting to me. my partner had a fertility test about a year ago and his sperm were fine. I'm thinking it could be a problem with me but I've never had any symptoms of any problems. My partner does smoke and have the occasional drinking, and i used to smoke and also have the occasional drink. i know i'm slightly overweight but that shouldn't affect our chances too much,one faithful day my friend told me to contact a spell caster that help her aunt, then i contact the man on this email: [email protected] , after three months the doctor confirm that i am pregnant thank you Priest Babaka for helping me get a baby, I am thankful for all he has done. contact him via email: [email protected] or Facebook at priestly.babaka if you are trying to get a baby or want your lover back. he has powers to do it, he has done mine

Read more
4y ago

I'm in the same situation although we've been trying for about 6 months. I'm starting to think I have an issue.

The only way to confirm if you are late is by knowing when you have ovulated by observing your ovulations signs like cervical mucus, body temperature. Assuming you know when your period should come and you do not have erratic cycles, a pregnancy test should be able to definitely pick up and confirm a pregnancy one week after your period is late.

Read more

Hi mommies! Just wanna share and ask something. Regular ang mens ko, 5-6 days Once in a month, June 10, July 10. July31-1st week of August. Nag bleed po ako Last August 25, for two days, 29&30 nag spotting naman po. after po nun, nag PT ako negative naman po. Kelan po ako dapat mgkaroon this Sept? Sana po may makasagot. Thankyou po.

Read more
VIP Member

I suggest you wait a while more before taking another test. You may test positive about 4 to 5 days after ovulation, so you don't need to be too eager. http://www.babymed.com/getting-pregnant/when-does-the-pregnancy-test-become-positive

I had experienced this case before. Sometimes , I test it few times. Sometimes my period delayed for 1.5 months with negative result. Take sometimes but if u feel doctor can give you explanation you can also visit doctor.

I too suggest to wait for few more days to retest. When I missed my period for 3 days, the pregnancy kit shows negative. I retest it after 4 days, and it finally shows positive. Good luck mummy Samantha.

5y ago

Hi mummy grace, do you mean you tested on day 3 then + 4 days with a BFP or just day 3 and day 4?

Don't jump the gun yet... your delay could be due to other factors like stress etc. Wait a couple of days more, then take the test again. All the best Samantha!

Super Mum

You can wait awhile more. I had the same issue. Tested negative using pregnancy kit. Tested positive when I visit the doctor.

Read more

you wait first, I experience the same when having my first son , as it's at the early stage , test kits cannot detect ;)

iron deficiency anaemia,poor health,previously suffering from any disease or fever,nutritional problem