4 Replies

Is this silver fish? It can be used to boil in soup to give it more flavourful (either u grind in powdery form or just put some in). Smaller fish like anchovies/silver fish have more nutritious value than bigger fish. Read http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-benefits-anchovies-2748.html Dont put alot as your baby might get used to flavourful taste than the natural taste.

Like what Reine mention, anchovies are very nutritious and a great addition to your baby's diet. My friends uses it in porridge. They will cook porridge with anchovies, broccoli, sweet potato, and carrot. Once the porridge is cooked, they scoop out the ingredients and mash them before mixing back into the porridge. Makes a colourful and nutritious bowl!

Anchovies are high in protein, iron and vitamins. They should be given after eight months of age. Alternatively, you can cook stock with them or grind them into powder form for porridge. I gave my son anchovies powder in his porridge at around six months of age. Do check for allergies when introducing new food to baby.

thanks