My in-laws are coming to stay with me for a month and I am a little worried. I have my baby on a schedule - meals, baths, play, sleep. This allows me to work and have some quality time with my husband. However, my in-laws like my daughter to have a routine more aligned with theirs -- she should nap when they nap, then stay up late so that they can have more time with her. They are lovely people - but i really don't want her schedule to be upset. How can I speak with them about this?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Only mothers can understand that how difficult it is to set the schedule of the baby and how much hard work it takes. Also, because your own time too depends on the schedule of the baby, so it becomes more important for us to stick by it. But no matter what it is for us, we have to give in to the fact that since we live in a society and there would be many instances when there will be people at home and the baby's schedule would go haywire. And in this case, if the guests are the kid's grandparents, you cannot do much. I think in todays' times, when we already have nuclear set ups, so whenever we get a chance to give the children the chance to spend time with their grandparents, we should allow it. Do not be too finicky, babies adapt very fast. When your inlaws will go back you can get her back to her routine.

Read more