Diaper rash at butt cheek fold

Any mummy experienced your LO diaper rash so persistent and despite of PD prescription also not getting any better? did you visit skin clinic? persistent as in more than 2 weeks still not getting better. Any other remedy?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My child’s butt will have tiny red bumps or full blown redness after every poop. Sadly, not all caregivers are that meticulous to realise he has pooped. Sigh. So we used to apply Ceradan diaper cream but recently I switched to plant based baby powder (talc free) and somehow it works even better! Not cheap but powder texture is extremely soft/fine. It’s quite obvious when other caregivers forget to powder because my child’s butt will develop the red bumps. So first thing when I get home is change his diapers and powder him. Also, I tried to make sure everyone washes my child’s butt with warm water/ Mustela cleansing water after poop.

Read more
4y ago

He’s about 15 months now. I got the powders from Iherb. I use either Nature’s baby organics or Calming baby powder.

How did u get your lo rash to subside?? My 7mo bb having quite bad diaper rash at butt hole and we figure it's due to her pooing 2-3 times a day as she's on solids now and full formula feed, previously was ebm. Seen pd twice and he gave antifungal cream and a stronger steroid when it came back. But now seems to not get better and became red and inflammed. She cries out in pain whenever she poo and we change her. Now I change her diaper every 2-3h and use the creams and desitin but not much improvement. Help!

Read more

Maybe u can change your wet tissue brand ? Or the diapers brand ? Find something that is organic or 100% water . Wash your baby with soap and water whenever poo . Apply cream and see the situation if it works .

VIP Member

My baby did have rashes and cause he have ezcema, his skin is rather sensitive. My gynae did prescribe stronger creme and only use it when flare