post natal or normal massage

hi mummy, its almost 3weeks from my normal delivery, i got a very bad back pain which i think it is due to epidural side effect and constant wake up, bend over the cot to carry baby feeding milk, can i get normal back massage session outside or need to get post natal massage?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Re the back pain, as you are still recovering from child birth, try not to keep bending over the cot like that, esp when changing baby which wld take slightly longer. It’s very painful on your back - if you really have to change baby, sit on a bed to change him or change him at the diaper changing table so you don’t need to bend. Do postnatal massage which has other benefits for your postpartum body besides dealing with your backache.

Read more

Go for postnatal massage. Don't think the back pain is from epidural as I had epi for both births with no problems. Perhaps you might wish to consult a chiropractor.

My own opinion - go for post natal. They should be more experienced. After giving birth, it's better for mummy too.

Super Mum

Go for post natal massage. But if you back aching, can ask them concentrate more on your back

Go for post natal first... Dats why I nvr take epidural dis side effects...

4y ago

Maybe u can manage... Some body cannot manage

VIP Member

I would suggest u go for postnatal massage

Post natal massage will be better

VIP Member

Better go for post natal first

VIP Member

Post natal massage is better.

VIP Member

Postnatal massage is better