heavy loads @ 9wks

hi mummiess! i just applied for a job and they require me to carry loads up to 20kg, im currently 9wks pregnant. is it okay or harmful for my baby?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Noooo dont . It’s dangerous and its gg to affect you when you enter third trimester 🙃 i worked at a warehouse (not knowing i was pregnant) and had to carry heavy totes. Still leaned the totes on my tummy cuz its too heavy. When i knew i was preg at 12 weeks i stopped immediately and now im in my third tri my back hurts like a bij🙃 i cant sit for long . Not even a good 10 minute sit. Cuz my leg will die from crampss🙃

Read more
Super Mum

It’s not okay dear.. you shouldn’t be carrying heavy loads during pregnancy. There’s also risk of accidents happening while you’re carrying the loads. Please do not take this job...

For now please no. It is not a safe time for your baby, at least after the 1st trimester. 2nd trimester only if you think you can then okay otherwise try not to

You should seek the gynae for advice and ask him/her to write you a letter to your HR or boss stating you should do jobs that are less taxing or desk bound.

VIP Member

Please don't okay. I am working in preschool and carry children up and down the stairs. Now at 22 weeks, my body is struggling in pain. Please don't do it.

VIP Member

Definitely not ok. Risking a miscarriage if u are carrying such heavy loads especially in first trimester when pregnancy is not that stable yet.

Did u tell the company that u are pregnant? If not, is not their fault as they doesnt know that u are pregnant.. Tell them u are pregnant..

VIP Member

No it's not ok. Please talk to your supervisor regarding this and see if you can be transferred to do something else take care!

I have been told not to carry heavy loads during pregnancy. Please don't if you can. The risk of miscarriage is higher.

VIP Member

Please don't. If the company kind enough they won't ask a pregnant lady to carry heavy object. Voice out to them.