Hi mummies I have my cncern about my 8months old sleeping hours.. Newborn she used to sleep alot When she was 4-6mths she still wakes up at night but still nap But after 6mths till now she didnt have any nap even if have is less than 15mins but she sleep thru the night from 9pm till 6am..6am is auto wake up but i always pat her till 7am cause i wan her to have more sleep.only 9hrs of sleeping which i think is def not enuff..since 6mths auto wake up 6am and i have to pat her all e way till 7am ..what shd i do

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to help your baby to nap. For my baby, she can sleep for 1-2 hrs then she will wake up for 2-3 hrs for her feeding , diaper change, play, then nap again. What we do is, once we observed that she is sleepy( yawning, and scratching of her eyes), we dance her with her favorite sleeping music within 5-10 mins she can get her sleep, then will put her on her stroller(her stroller is good till 3 y/o, and it can be put on reclining position; stroller, because babies loves to be on close space just like inside our tummy. Hope it helps.

Read more
VIP Member

Actually sleeping helps in good growth in babies or kids, so atleast in the afternoon better if she naps minimum of 2hrs, give her good massage n warm water bath , feed her n make her get tiared with play then she may get sleep... as my boy never skip afternoon nap now he is 3+ still the sleep cycle will b same for him ..

Read more

Try sleep training and have a routine. For me and my baby, I close the lights whenever he is sleeping, and sing a certain song to him while since newborn. When we reached 2 months, we have sleeping pattern already until now that he us almost 8 months 😊

Hi you need to develop routine for him that he needs to follow. My Lo is seven months but she has a routine to follow in sleeping since newborn and until now she’s following it. Set a time that you jeed to let him nap.

I think it is alright. Yes, we will be worried if she didnt nap. I heard of someone's child in ifc didnt nap at all! Throughout the ifc days. Seems like she dun need e nap. If she's not cranky, i find it ok actually.

At her age she needs one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. Better turn the lights off and try to sway while carrying your baby and pat her back slowly while singing a lullaby.

You must limit noisy sound, try to hide things that might attract them, may son sleeps 30 mins or 1 hr or more if the surrounding is not noisy. 2 or 3 naps

VIP Member

you need to get her to nap. 6mo without nap is too tiring. try to find ways to get her nap longer. Is it due to environment? Noisy?

Read more
7y ago

ever since she went to infant 6months she hardly nap.. teacher also was wondering why is like 10mins nap then wake up. but she dun feel cranky and yes i think due to enviroment cause at home is quiet. during weekends she will nap at home for a good two hours.only werkdays in sch.whay can i do to make her sleep longer eveb she sttn but for 9 hours still not good right