Post miscarriage

Hello mummies I had missed miscarriage and took the oral medication to terminate the pregnancy. I was at 11weeks plus at that time time. Currently I'm underdoing confinement. Im in my second week of confinement and I still feel cramp and sore at my lower abdomen. I believe that I'm still recovering and recuperating. Any of u had miscarriage and how long did u take to heal totally? The walk to hospital and mrt ride makes me lethargic and the lower abdomen feels sore after such walk. I still feel ive yet to recover and that makes me worried coz my HL is ending. I had post natal massage for 3 days. Im having confinement food. I put on socks and had warm shower. I shower once a day. I don't take cold drinks. Anything else i can do to help me heal? Appreciate your responses. Thank u.

Post miscarriage
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry for your loss. I went through 2 miscarriages and both are natural. I didn't know I was pregnant with the 1st one until I started peeing bloody red and it was confirmed a miscarriage. I was estimated about 6-7 weeks pregnant with the 2nd one until the same thing happened. I started bleeding for 2 weeks. My sac also stayed the same size for that 2 weeks. I was supposed to do a D&C but a day before the surgery, I felt contractions and passed out my sac. I stopped bleeding after that. I didn't do any confinement with the first but did 2 weeks for 2nd. Actually I don't even need to do unless I miscarried at 20 weeks above but still need my body to heal completely from inside. I wear socks and ate confinement foods but didn't do any massage or herbal bath. But I do bed rest alot.

Read more
3y ago

Yes massage is better. I was too occupied with my grieve, I did not think of doing any massage. Do take care ok. Let your body heal inside out before trying again. Took me 1 year to conceive again after moving on from my grieve.

VIP Member

Sorry about your loss. At 11+ weeks, we learned that our little one stopped growing after 7 weeks. Our OB advised us to wait for a week as the body would often naturally expel the foetus. I finally miscarried on Christmas day but the ultrasound on 26th showed that there’s still tissue left. My OB has given me 3 doses of Cytotec to help contract the uterus and dilate the cervix to expel the remaining tissue. It didn’t help so we scheduled D&C on 31st of Dec. During the entire time, it was only on 25th that I had contractions similar to labour pre-delivery. Besides that, no pains at all. Anyway, my OB gave me 1 week HL post the D&C. I recovered quite fast though despite not having any special diet or movement restrictions.

Read more
3y ago

D&C is generally safe but may have some minor side effects on our uterus and vaginal canal e.g. thinning of vaginal canal or worst case, infections as the procedure itself requires inserting a device. The risks are lower though compared to any infection/poisoning due to leftovers in the womb that weren’t cleared entirely. You can discuss further with your doctor. Hoping for your recovery soon. Stay strong 🤗

I am sorry for your loss.. I had a miscarriage as well during week 11. Had oral medication and 1 week of hl. However i didn't go through any confinement steps. Just drank chicken essence and avoid cold drinks that's it. Had a clean miscarriage after my 1 week hl and went back to work. Even though we healed physically, i think we need more time to heal mentally. I was crying into my sleep every night for the past few weeks after my miscarriage. Jia you!! I hope you can pass through this darkest time knowing that you are not alone. Am having my rainbow baby now after 1 year so i am sure it will happen to you too!

Read more
3y ago

ure so kind :( touched by ur words. i hope that i feel well soon. how long after miscarriage u try for another baby? what did the doc diagnosed u with the first miscarriage? can share abit about ur second pregnancy? was there any complications? tia!

Hi, sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage at week 6+ in the 3rd week of Dec. My whole back was hurting for about 3 weeks and lower abdomen was slightly painful. Went for review 2 weeks after my miscarriage. Gynae said it is normal. Our bodies need to heal. What you are doing is fine. Give yourself time to heal and recuperate. Good to continue with massage and maybe slow walks when you feel better. I spent most of the first week in bed, it makes me feel worse. Felt better after my post natal massage last week. Take care.

Read more
3y ago

I guess it depends on our bodies. Since your work requires you to be active and walk around, maybe it’s good to let your boss know, so you can take some rest in between if you need.

sorry to hear abt your loss... Please do not worry too much for your HL..it would be good for you to go back and see your OB to have a check should you still feel pain on your lower abdomen. Should your body need more time to recover, probably they would just extend your HL because different body takes some time to recover fully. Other than that, continue with whatever you are doing for yourself and stay positive ok. Remember to hydrate yourself too. Stay safe!

Read more
3y ago

apparently i needed to see the gynae again next week. thank u for ur kind words :)

My previous gynae gave me 1 mth HL but before I went back to work she review me to make sure I’m fine before gg back. I went thru a 2 weeks mini confinement and avoided a lot of cold drinks for a month. I went to see TCM after my HL over and it helps to recover faster.

3y ago

may I ask what did the TCM give u? im not so sure abt TCM coz ive never been one. can u advice? tia!

Hi! Sorry for the loss and i just want to ask do you bath with the confinement herbal bath??

3y ago

I haven't do any confinement herbal bath yet but i heard my grandparents say it is a must to do confinement herbal bath

I am sorry to hear. I also went through a miscarriage. It took 8 weeks me to recover.

3y ago

8 weeks is pretty long. im kinda worried because my job requires me to be active and walk alot. anyway, how long did u stay at home after ur miscarriage? how long was ur HL? please take care too. thank u for ur reply :)