Abdominal Pain In 37 Weeks

Hi mummies, I just had abdominal pain but so far, no pains on my back and no blood show (mucus plug)... Is this common? My mom told me these are signs of labor and I should keep count of this "contraction". I can't even differentiate Braxton Hicks and contraction ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Braxton Hicks contractions are irregular, some can get quite uncomfortable, but the real and regular contractions are even more painful. Braxton Hicks can be like a period cramp, while real contractions are maybe 10x stronger, and the intervals are closer. So yes, time the pain.. pack your hospital bag.. look out for the other signs of labour like show and leaking liquor (ambiotic fluid). If your contractions are extremely painful and about 1 in 5-10 minutes, especially if you have the other signs, then you’re likely in labour.

Read more

Yes.. those are signs. It comes off as slight cramps.. I gave birth 1 day short of 38weeks, with acute abdominal cramps and 7mins apart. And very fast 5mins apart. Pls prepare your hospital bag if u have not. Start ur maternity leave if need be, if ur gynae cannot issue your hospitalization leave. All the best!

Read more
Super Mum

Follow your mum’s advice. Time the duration of the pain and duration between each pain cramp. If the pain is consistent, then it’s contractions. If it’s uneven, it’s Braxton Hicks. Alternatively just go hospital to check.

VIP Member

Did the intensity increases? Is the “contractions” getting closer and closer apart?

VIP Member

Best to consult your gynaecologist soon, take care