Mummies wan ask , my girl just have her immunisation today .. Is on both thigh, now she been cryin on off .. Isit normal ? Do i hav to consult a doc?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

put a little icepack on it. shes crying bcoz some of these vaccines are of a solution that's a little thicker and tend to stay in that area of the jab instead of spreading. putting ice take will numb it and allow it to spread away. ask ur pediatrician about creams that help in numbing the pain. give her a pacifier to quieten her down. keep her wrapped in cloth bands as it normally done for babies. the pain could be bcoz of her movement of hands and legs

Read more

After immunization, it's normal for babies to experience fussiness and intermittent crying. A low fever and soreness might follow. A warm compress applied after the shot can help reduce soreness. You can also try moving the thigh in which the shot was administered -- do the "bicycle" to help bring relief. If baby is crying for more than 3 hours at a time, has a super high fever of more than 40 degC, start convulsing - please rush baby to the doctor.

Read more
VIP Member

It's normal for baby to cry on and off and being clingy to mummy. I assume my baby remember the jab and hold grudges on me. But he is fine after a day or 2. So no worries. Just monitor and make sure your baby is not having fever, if having fever, remember to feed paracetamol before it's till too high.

Read more

Basically u see that everyone is asking if have fever. If fever that doesn't subsides with the given medication after injection, do see doc again. Otherwise should be fine. At times, fever only comes the next day or even up to a week later depending on the vaccine injected.

It's actually quite normal for baby to cry on and off after immunization. She might be feeling discomfort. Do remember to mointor her temperature as for some vaccination, fever actually come in 2-3days or up to a week later.

It's normal. They might feel the soreness from the jab thus resulting in uneasiness and crankiness. Parents just have to bear with it and pacify the baby as they are not feeling good either!

after immunisation, it's normal for babies to be a little fussier. unless baby has a persistently high fever, there is nothing to be worried about. just be there to comfort baby (:

Yes is normal cos she is feeling a bit soreness at the injection point she should be back to normal by tmr, if not then a visit to e doc to check if other issue..

normal. keep an eye to her body temperature. some immunizations may cause fever. if no fever.

it is normal .. but do check the temperature make sure not having fever

8y ago

Thanks mummies she bttr alrdy back to normal ☺️