Mummies wan ask , my girl just have her immunisation today .. Is on both thigh, now she been cryin on off .. Isit normal ? Do i hav to consult a doc?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After immunization, it's normal for babies to experience fussiness and intermittent crying. A low fever and soreness might follow. A warm compress applied after the shot can help reduce soreness. You can also try moving the thigh in which the shot was administered -- do the "bicycle" to help bring relief. If baby is crying for more than 3 hours at a time, has a super high fever of more than 40 degC, start convulsing - please rush baby to the doctor.

Read more
8y ago

Crying intermittently or on and off is normal after an immunization jab. If baby is crying for a few hours straight then maybe you should be worried. For now, I think she's just tired and a bit traumatized from today's injection. Hopefully baby will be ba

Intermittent crying is normal as your girl just went through something unpleasant. Just to highlight, if you baby’s starts having a fever which persist after 24 hours or if he/she is persistently crying, have fits or have inflammation at the injection site, better bring your baby to the doctor for further checks. Otherwise, just offer lots of cuddles and attention to help calm her. Hope she feels better soon!

Read more