Cranky during shower

Please share your newborn schedule for shower and tummy time? She is always cranky whenever we shower her, though we have waited one hour after feeding. Is it best to wake her up one hour before meal time and do the shower and tummy time? When the confinement nanny was with us she seems ok whether it is before or after feedingšŸ„²#advicepls Bb is 1 month old

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby used to be like that too. She slowly adapts to bath and is now enjoying it. It will pass. Just do major cleaning (wipe face, underarms, fingers, neck folds, the back of the knees, genital and bum bum with cotton balls and warm water) at the changing counter and then bath her quickly. We also place a seat in her bathtub, better support (maybe more comfortable too?) her than us holding her.

Read more

I usually bathe baby 20 to 30mins after feeding, as he is in the best mood then. After putting him in the tub of water, will put some water on his chest and tell him this is water. Will do this like 3 times and when he seems ok, quickly bathe him.

Usually I shower my LO before his feed. Makes him ā€œlook forwardā€. U try letting ur LO wear mittens when showering ur LO, and using a small handkerchief to cover his belly when in the water. this is the tips tat my nanny gave.

I shower my baby at 8am before feeding. Then afterwards feed my baby. At night 8pm, will wipe down after feeding. Maybe sudden change of hands baby not used to it. Do it a few more times and should be ok already