breastfeeding

Hi mummies a quick question.. it's been 3 months ever since I have given birth. Went thru csec. My milk supply has been very low till now. Tried all sorts of medicine except fenugreek. Will I still produce milk now if I start eating fenugreek. I really wanna give my baby BM but I'm unable to do so. Pls help. TIA ❤️?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think you need to either pump or latch regularly to tell your body to make more milk. That’s more important than taking supplements. When you pump or latch, it’s also about milk removal or emptying your breast (it should feel soft after latching or pumping) so that your breast can make more milk. If not, it will signal that you don’t need so much.

Read more

I feel you! Tried diff kinds of milk boosters(milo, oats, durian, lactation brownies etc) but doesnt seem to work much. Low supplies always make me wanna give up on bf. Recently i tried lactation cookies by gulasg, alhamdulillah i can see a difference. Not much but at least something. Try it! And its soooo sedap!

Read more

Fenugreek doesn't work for me. I drank lots of water including soup and beverages, oats worked for me, lactation cookies actually worked for me too! I am currently taking cookies4milk can be found in Mothercare. Also did regular and power pumping. Most importantly dun stress yourself milk will come naturally.

Read more
Super Mum

Having you tried power pumping? Keeping hydrated helps, too! No harm trying supplements IMO - you just have to identify what works for you. Dont stress about it - any amount is good for baby. Keep latching on too!

VIP Member

Have you try taking supplements? I can recommend this supplement for you. I ate it and my milk supply increased. Power pumping, oats and milo helps too! Keep latching your baby.

4y ago

Jus seri lady! Helps to boost your milk supply! I can share with you more if you are interested. 😁

Perhaps you could try consulting a lactation consultant? Most hospitals should have one and they can provide advice on your specific needs.

Same fenugreek didnt work.. Cookies did though.. a little.. 10ml more.. Also, did u try increasing pump speed? It helped me a little

TapFluencer

me too. CS. attributed my low supply to stress. nothing else really helped. i believe stress is the main impediment to bm supply.

TapFluencer

These food boost milk Green papaya fish soup Steam Threadfin fish Barley water Oats biscuits Milo Durian Edaname

Read more

Im same as u, and i tried fenugreek and it didnt work..