Any mummies quarrel with their hubby about how to take care or teach their LO? I just had a big quarrel with my hubby. He been very strict to my 1 month old. Saying that now must not pamper him too much or he will be spoil. But I strongly disagree with him. I think baby can't be spoil until they are like 6 months or bigger. As a mother how can u stop a mother from giving too much love to their LO.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm opposite of u. I'm like ur hubby. Dun wanna pamper my baby even if he is juz a few mths old. Babies learn very fast. The good n e bad. For example, when u keep on carrying ur baby, he/she will wan u to keep carrying him/her. I dun carry and rock my baby to slp in my arms. Daytime and nighttime. They start learning damn young. Many ppl dun think so, esp my mum, saying tat they r so young! How can they know anything?! Giving love muz hv limits. Too much will become pamper.U can love ur baby in many other ways, like kissing, hugging and spending time wif them. Wheneva i see kids outside with their parents, they r so naughty & disrespectful! I wouldnt wan my children to turn out like tat. I always believe in starting from YOUNG! Like many kids dun like veges, so when they start to eat solids, make vege puree for them so tat they can grow to like it. Moral of the story is: START FROM YOUNG! Discuss n see how u guys can work it out. Ask ur hubby to suggest smth tat compliments ur views? Try to make it in such a way tat both parties will accept.

Read more

Well, everyone have their own thoughts and concept. He is being mindful as well. I would not take it negatively. However, perhaps you can respect his views and allow him to be the way he wants to wheras you can give all your love to baby. On the long run if you both don't settle down then it will be very confusing for baby in the near future. Parents need to work as a team.

Read more
VIP Member

It's normal to have different opinions in things. However I will try to talk it out in a peaceful matter as the baby/child can sense & follow our emotions/actions. A happy mummy will also lead to a happy baby.

thanks