How do mummies deal with their LO growth spout? My husband tell me not to give him too much as he tend to to force vomit all the milk after continuously drinking. We had a quarrel over this as I will give in to my LO and attend to all his needs. But my husband say that babies don't know that they are full so we as a adult have to stop him from drinking so much as his stomach is not that big and can't fill all the milk as much as he wants. So he ask me to give him a pacifier. Which I worry that my LO will addict to suckling it. Yes a big fight over this issue.. My LO is 1 month 2 weeks old. I mix BM and formula milk 30ml or 60ml. When it comes to growth spout he will be fuzzy at my nipple and I give in to formula and he can down a 200ml milk which I think is abit too much for his stomach. Pls give me some advice what can I do.. I am depress..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to feed him at more intervals and minimise the amount for each feed. From what i know babies usually know how much they need. And if they are full they will stop. I dont think you can force feed a baby. Also, do you burp him after each feed? It can also be reflux. Meanwhile aside to all these, be patient and it will get better. I promise :)

Read more

I think 200ml may be too much. I think I gave about 100ml at 1mth old. Instead of feeding baby one shot, you can burp him after he drank half of it and then continue feeding. then burp him again when he finished the milk.

Super Mum

There’s no way u can force feed a baby. U can feed more frequently but not one shot too much. You can burp the baby, or hold baby abit more upright for awhile before u put the baby back to sleeping position

Feed slowly and portion by portion. 1/3 a portion. rest awhile then continue.

Comfort the child as much as possible and fill your patience meter up.

thanks

TapFluencer

follow baby cues