Infant care

Any mummies here put their baby to infant care? Can share your experience? My baby is 2 weeks old currently but we already started making plans to put her to infant care at about 3.5months old. Reason is because both me & my husband can't get along with both in laws. The thought of putting my baby to infant care makes me start to miss her, worry about her.... * Worry & upset mummy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My LO has been in infant care for about 2 mths now, we sent her since she was 4mo. I strongly believe that babies develope better in infant care. It has been a pleasant experience thus far. Teachers keep them occupied with different activities when they are awake. The centre we go to has an app where teachers upload photos of their activities with the babies, along with some explanation on what skills they are training the babies for. Teachers also have a whatsapp group chat with the parents so they can keep us updated. I was worried about feeding initially because my LO feeds 2hrly, but they were accommodating, and surprisingly by the 4th day they managed to help baby drink 3-4 hourly

Read more
Super Mum

I think it will be good if u are able to go for infant care visit to see the Teachers , environment etc. Maybe that will give u a rough idea how the place will be and hopefully can put ur mind at ease.

4y ago

I have viewed the venue & met the teachers. It's a pleasant environment. It's just me...a first time mom... Trying & wanting to be there for my baby if I can...

VIP Member

My wife is an infant care teacher. She advice that its good to put baby as young as 3 months onwards so that baby adapts well.

Super Mum

I put my baby in at 6 months and she's adapting well. Most impt is choose a school you feel comfortable with, I think.. :)

4y ago

I totally can understand. I couldn't get any help too that's why I have to put my LO in thebinfant care. It will get better when you see her enjoying to go there and learning things from there :)

VIP Member

Hi! Best to register your interest for infant care fast as nowadays most centres are always full..

Hmmm... I myself don't really trust because used to be ifc assistant teacher I get to see alot of things

4y ago

Pls share , would love to know more