Pre prepared formula milk

Hi mummies, am purely formula feeding my baby since i’ll need to head back to work soon. My babt feeds every 2-3 hrs so Wanted to check if i can prepare in advance half a day of formula milk kept in milk storage bottles in the refrigerator and heat em up when baby cries? Tia!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Actually it takes longer to heat up milk than prepare it on the spot 😅 What I did was.. put clean boiled water into the sterilised bottles (the correct volume), then pre-prepare the formula powder (each feed separated in the formula powder storage containers - I liked the Puku one), so when baby cries, pour the measured out powder into the preprepared bottle and shake. Takes half a minute to prepare:)

Read more

Depends on individual , I have friends who prepare her kids FM and chill in the fridge too , but as for me personally I'll avoid , as preparing FM would only take less than a minute

if u read the formula milk can n research, it does say that formula milk although should be prepared n fed on the spot can be premade n stored in fridge, consume within 24hrs.

VIP Member

Instant prepare is faster. Can portion the milk powder, and get those hot water dispenser that can set to around 40-50 degrees.

Formula that's been prepared should be consumed or stored in the refrigerator within 1 hour only.

4y ago

no, u can store for 24hrs untouched

Formula milk better not to store in advance as there might be bacteria.

VIP Member

Btr not to... Can prepare cool boiled water and fm powder dispenser

Super Mum

No. It should be prepared fresh when baby wants to drink

Why not prepare on demand fresh and warm