Vaccinations

Hi mummies. My LO went to get vaccination today. She’s 3months old. So basically she’s having fever now. We were given paracetamol. We were advised to give 4-6hrs only when her tmpt above 38. She’s 38.1 as of now. My concern is, do I give later in the midnight as per the 4-6hrs from her last intake or should not disrupt her sleep and just give her milk as per norm routine. Cause she cried badly when we gave her the Med earlier. Any advise?? My heart breaks seeing her crying inconsolably.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Don’t have to strictly give at a specific timing if baby’s sleeping well and the fever’s coming down. I would give before the milk feed so she doesn’t throw up the milk. If baby wakes up in the middle of the night and the temperature isn’t coming down, I would give the paracetamol again (if after 4hrs from the previous dose), do tepid sponging, feed and let baby go back to sleep after.

Read more
Super Mum

I will give in the night if fever is high. If fever is low and subsiding, I will let lo sleep

Medicine first then milk. Priority is to bring down the fever & lessen Baby fever discomfort.

VIP Member

If fever is still high better to give medicine.. if no fever then no need

VIP Member

feed medicine first then milk cause she still have fever

VIP Member

If fever there then u can give or else no need

TapFluencer

Only give if still having fever!

VIP Member

I would just feed the medicine first than feed the milk, be it midnight or not. If the fever still persists. I will skip the medication if fevee went down after the last dose