Fever after immunisation

Hi, my lo (7 mths plus going 8) just went for her immunisation in the morning around 9.30am, reached home at about 10am & let her nap cos she was damn tired, when she woke up at about 11.45 (usually she can sleep more than 2 hrs), we fed porridge but she didn't want so we gave milk & she drink, wait awhile & gave paracetamol as her fever came at around 12pm. we broke the 6 hr rule & gave her paracetamol again after 4 hrs (1.30pm & 5.30pm) as she didn't gave the full dose (dr say 3ml, we gave 2ml) but her fever is still hoovering at around 38.1-38.4 I know some kids will have fever but at what point do I have to bring her to the doctors? she can't sleep, can't really do anything cos she feels damn lethargic. do I continue waiting? thanks

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

u should soak ur baby even if she wont like it u should give correct dose according to her weight. go doc the doc will only give u a stronger such as ibrofen which is not good so try to soak her in tube first make sure is warm water. if its continues to spike thn A&E or doc straight away

Have you tried the fever pads on her head? It can help when you need to bring the temperature down but the timing is too close for paracetamol.