Hi mummies like to ask how u sterilize your bottle and after u use the milk bottle to feed do you put the bottle back to the pot? Pd say that the bottle maybe be containmenated again if I put the used bottle back into the pot, once bottle sterilise may only use once and need to sterilize for second use. Please advise

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After washing the bottles I will just leave them in a small container and then when i accumulate a few of them I will sterilize them and leave them all inside the sterilizer until I need to use them. If you are concerned can always pour hot water on them again just before feeding

Usually after I sterilise, I will shake any excess water, close the caps, put them in a box and into the fridge and use it within the day. If I have newly washed bottles, I will reboil the water and sterilise again. I don't leave my bottles in the pot.

8y ago

thanks for sharing. the water can be reboil? thought water should only boil once as it will let out certain substance which is no good to body. also what is the reason of putting in fridge?

Hi there, your PD is right. Do not mix the clean and used bottles together. Usually I will ensure that the unused bottles are dry thoroughly then store them and accumulate the used bottle in a pail of water and sterilise later of the day.

Super Mum

Hi mummy, I will wash the baby with baby safe detergent and then put it in the sterilizer but will accumulate a few before I sterlised. After I sterlised, I will wipe them dry with paper towels and store them until the next use.

TapFluencer

Do not mix used and unused bottles together. That may cause contamination. Have a fresh batch of bottles for sterilisation every time and use bottle only once. It is always better to be safe than sorry

Super Mum

I will accumulate used bottles in a small pail for washing and will sterilize after. Usually I’ll keep them in the sterilizer until next use. Prior to next use, I will wipe dry first.

After feeding i wash it immediately. I do not put it back in the pot. Ill put back in the sterilizer. Normally before i make milk, ill sterilize it againa.

Usually after feeding I'll wash the bottle and after accumulate a few I'll put them to sterilize and leave it inside till the next feed

Hi. You may find this article useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/wash-baby-bottles/amp

VIP Member

Your pd is right, a lot of work there but no choice(: