Sterilise/wash baby bottle when travelling

When you are travelling with a bottle fed baby, how do you sterilise the bottles after use if theres no access to steriliser and dont wish to use the sterilisation tablet due to the smell and maybe baby taste. Can i just use using baby bottle soap and use hot water ? Do i need to soak the bottle in the hot water for few minutes or just roughly wash the bottle with hot water will do? And for soaking bottle with hot water what do you use to soak it with ? Since theres no bowl or anything

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wash with soap then soak in boiling hot water. There's usually microwave in hotels, so you can heat up the water, then soak the bottles inside. If you have microwave safe ziplock bags (look for medela microwave sterilizer bag) and your bottles are microwave safe, then you can put inside microwave and sterilize. If no microwave, then use the kettle in the room, or bring a portable kettle, pour the water into a pail or something and soak the bottles. But if your baby is old enough, there's prolly no need to sterilize the bottles. Just wash with soap and air dry.

Read more

You can bring along a collapsible small tub/bowl that can fit the bottles. You can use soap and hot water soak for 1-2 mins will do then wash normally and pat dry with clean paper towel or just leave it to air dry. I never used sterilisation tablet before so I can’t advise on that.

Read more

you can just buy those aluminium tray for bbq use finish and throw. i bought it to wash baby bottle and pump too as i do not wish to put those stuff directly into the sink. you can also purchase those travel uv pouch.

I purchased a multi function travel device that functions as a warmer and sterilizer. It's incredibly convenient and portable. the brand is Astersy baby bottle warmer.

4mo ago

Check out Astersy - Touch Panel Multi Functional Baby Bottle Warmer for $32.90. Get it on Shopee now! https://shope.ee/VhRSmCmn2

TapFluencer

with boiling water or those small portable steriliser :)