Where to deliver

Hi mummies, can let me know which hosp is better to give birth? I am thinking about KKH or NUH. I heard many scary stories about KK delivery procedures but am also scared about NUS environment. Or should i opt for private. If yes, which hosp is affordable? TIA

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Haha, same as you, I heard all sorts of terrifying stories from women who delivered at KKH. Even my MIL! But I survived 🤪 I was under subsidised ward even, my son delivered by 2 midwives, stitched up by MO. Only had 2 on duty doctors came to check on me for like 5 mins before changing their shift. It's really a very personal choice. To be honest, once you choose Class A, all hospitals, government or private, will set you back easily $6k to $8k in cash, after Medisave claims.

Read more
TapFluencer

Go for a hospital tour. Take all hospital and gynae chargers to see your comfort level. My priority is gynae over hospital. I believe I must be comfortable with the gynae to entrust me and my little one life to them. I gave birth at Glen E. I would say service is really very good for hospital. Comparing to Thomson and Mt A. At least there is LC who's super encouraging all the nurse are willing to help teaching you how to bf give you suggestion etc.

Read more

My colleague delivered at nus. She seems to like it and went back to deliver her second son. Generally private will be better. You can go for hospital tour before you make the decision but note that not all gynae are flexible moving to different hospital.

TapFluencer

I delivered in kkh under private everything is good. Now at 4th pregnancy. If you have the budget u can consider Gleneagles. They have single room package with cocktail party, daddy stay and meals included etc

Super Mum

I delivered at NUH twice. Good experience:) take the hospital tours and find out about the hospital policies and prices to see what you’re comfortable with.

VIP Member

No matter which hospital you go delivered, as long as bb and mother safe , can already. My first want KKH, second want at SGH. Tc

Hehe i personally prefer NUH. Though its more to which gynae u choose that makes u feel comfortable..

I recently delivered my baby boy safely under subsidies. My journey with kkh has been pleasant.

4y ago

Thank you so much for sharing ur experience with me 😊❤ . Alhamdullilah for you and ur baby and congrats on ur newborn .

VIP Member

I think it really depends on luck i gave birth at kkh everything was ok for me :)

Deliver at kkh. Actually everything is fine. Depends what you look for?