Lactose intolerance

Hi mummies can lactose intolerant personal drink breast milk?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lactose intolerance happens when your child’s body can’t break down a sugar called lactose because your child doesn’t have enough lactase enzymes. Lactose is present in all breastmilk, dairy milk and other dairy products. It makes up around 7% of breastmilk and infant formula. usually, i got consult with the doctor via Halodoc.. this application has good services and friendlly

Read more

Lactose intolerance is actually not very common in infants and typically only starts showing up after age three in children who were born full-term. All babies are born with lactase in their intestines. However, the majority of premature infants will be able to consume lactose-containing formula and breast milk.

Read more
VIP Member

Most likely not, as milk, whether which source contains lactose. Humans upon birth do have the lactase enzyme to digest the lactose sugar present in milk, but subsequently lost as there is no more milk in their diet.

Super Mum

You may be confusing lactose intolerance for cow's milk allergy which is more common for infants. My baby is allergic to cow's milk but she can take breast milk just fine

5y ago

Ah I see now I know

VIP Member

Please consult your dietician

VIP Member

Best to consult your doctor

VIP Member

Best to consult doctor

Hi, I would suggest consult the doctor

VIP Member

No. There is lactose in Breast milk.

5y ago