LEG CRAMP!!!!

Mummies, any ideas how to deal with leg cramp ESPECIALLY during the night before sleeping? Been sleeping late in the morning due to the leg cramps. Use oilment and massage, but still no use.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i do have leg cramps during sleep and i will wake my husband up to help stretch if i can't stop the cramp feeling in time before it gets worse.. my husband's response time gets better and better (in fact quite instant) when i wake him up.. compression stock didn't work for me, it made it worse.. stretching before sleep does help a little though.. depend on individual.. have some potassium eg. banana

Read more
VIP Member

My doctor prescribed Vitamin B when I mentioned it during a checkup. Somehow it helped with leg cramps. I have no idea why. Maybe you can ask your doctor?

You might want to try wearing compression stockings to help promote blood circulation and it will reduce/prevent leg cramps.

VIP Member

Straighten your leg, and wriggle your toes, painful at first but helps Also remember to drink plenty of water.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/sleep-problems-during-pregnancy

Drink more water. Prop up your leg by putting pillows underneath.

4y ago

Alrdy prop my leg up but still doesn't work.

VIP Member

When you sleep, elevate your feet. This should help

VIP Member

Stretch ur leg when cramped. Will stop quite fast.

Hey, Drink lots of water. That should help

Eat calcium supplement.