Just ranting to fellow mummies..

Hi Mummies, I am so tired with my husband that keep telling me I am a failure mother useless mother. Our son is a type that’s very active. He loves to run n explore and he wont sit still. My husband blames it on me for not teaching him properly and for not learning from google how to “tame” toddlers. He is 21 months old btw. Just 2 days ago, we came back from in law house and our son didnt want to sit on the car seat for the first time. Instead of helping my husband just say “If you cant make him sit, then you consider as failure mother” he just sit on the driver seat there and said this kind. I am so so so pissed off. He expects me to read from google like once everyday. Right now he blames everything on me and my mother. He said just because he earns more I am supposed to take care of our son most of the time. I am also working btw. Sorry for the rant mummies, need someone to talk to badly.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hugs. I cannot believe your husband can say such utter nonsense! I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from scolding him immediately so this is praise for your patience! My boy is also very active and won’t sit still. Now they love exploring and testing limits so should encourage within reason to let them explore. My boy also won’t always sit in the car seat. Instead he will scream for papa to carry him even though we explain that papa is driving. I hv to try many tricks to get him to sit or just get into the car. Sometimes I let him stand at the back and hold his waist to make sure he doesn’t fall. Papa hv to drive slower n more careful then. When he has had enough he will ask to sit his car seat. I also tried bribing with biscuits or juice. Eat / drink must be in the seat 😅 We also sometimes use YouTube or Spotify to calm him down. last resort I just grab and wrestle him until he calm down… then cuddle him a bit. Tell your husband, parenting is also HIS job!!! 😡 Pick a time where you both are calm and raise this as a serious issue to him. Non negotiable must change behaviour and idea. Jiayou!!!

Read more