Mummies I need advice on my haircut... my lo is 3 months and I wants to cut my fringe to bangs but I worried that I have to take care of my lo don't know if bangs will be suitable for a mum. I want to cut it because my hair start to fall and new year is coming soon. Haiz, cannot decide....

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on how long you want the bangs to be, how thick your hair is, and how comfortable you are! There's nothing wrong with cutting bangs, but it might just be a little inconvenient if you have bangs that get in the way a lot - or hair that goes really fast and thick. As for the hair fall, it's quite normal because during pregnancy, our bodies are too focused on creating another human so the hormones lock the hair strands on our head - after giving birth, the body starts to regulate the hormones and that's when all 9 months' worth of hairfall starts coming down.

Read more
VIP Member

Usually when I'm trying out to see if bangs suits me, I won't cut too short initially. So something like just touching my eyes. Then if I feel the look is ok and can go a little shorter, I will trim abit. You can consider this method if you are unsure how it will look on you.

I understand your concerns as the problem about bangs is they tend to grow very fast and frequent trimming is needed otherwise the half grown fringe on the face can be annoying at times. For CNY look i will choose bangs for more refreshing look.

Just go ahead and cut bangs. Look younger and less haggard at the end of the day if u had a rough one. It's just need to trim every 2-3 months caz the long bangs but not long enough to tie up is the irritating phase

VIP Member

Fringe doesn't affect how you will be as a mum. If you are afraid that bangs will make you look childish. Opt for see thru bangs (korean style) Youthful looking yet it doesn't make you look like a young girl

Read more

Go ahead. Your fringe won't affect much. It's more of the backend hair. I personally love bangs. They are great and easy.

VIP Member

hmm. i always cut my bangs. haha