Is there any kind of hairstyle that can reduce hair fall after giving birth? Currently I am having long hair, wondering if I should cut fringe to reduce the hair fall in front?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I think regardless of short or long hair , hair will definitely drop after delivery. With long hair it is more obvious to see the hair on the floor so sometimes we may think that long hair people drop more than short hair people. But it is also not wrong to say that with long hair there is higher possibility of hair breakage and split ends if we don't take care properly. My hair stylist said the fringe part will drop the most usually so avoid letting baby pull the fringe part too much. If you can't bear to part with long hair at least trim it to a manageable length which you can tie up. Sometimes I find short hair makes me even hotter because I cannot tie it up. I also found out that NaturVital hair loss shampoo is very good! My hair dropped leases after using this brand. It can be found in Watsons

Read more
Post reply image

I found that the Avalon Organics Biotin shampoo helps with my postpartum hair loss. Maybe you can consider to start using it now to make your hair stronger. I found it at metro and occasionally Watson. http://sg.m.iherb.com/Avalon-Organics-Thickening-Shampoo-Biotin-B-Complex-Therapy-14-fl-oz-414-ml/3477

Read more

I cut my hair short during my preg. One of the reasons was to prevent hair loss and the other is to wash my hair faster and quicker. The pressure of tying up could also result in balding. I found myself, able to manage my hygiene better with shorter hair and drying is easier too.