Breast Milk

Mummies may I know when will the milk comes in.? I can only get 30ml in total. Already 11days postpartum.. So stressed I got no milk..

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It will take some time. Supply is usually lower during the 1st month postpartum. I had the same experience and unfortunately I had delayed post-natal complications which made it worse. I only manage to have about 60-80ml per pump now when my LO is almost 2mths. Get lots of rest drink up and don't give up. 🙂

Read more
VIP Member

I also came in late, was really stressed at the hospital with the nurses and lactation consultants staying at my boobs when they enter my ward! I did pumping to stimulate milk production, 15 mins each breast every 2-3 hourly throughout the day 24 h. And also took fenugreek to boost milk supply

I'm about 9-10 days pp. I remember the beginning stage when each pump sessions yielded 30ml or lesser. I kept up with the 2-3hrly pumps and it has been steadily increasing little by little. Now I'm at approx 60ml per session. You can do it!

VIP Member

I'm 12 days postpartum. I'm eating motherlove supplements plus pump every 2 hourly throughout the day, latching on demand. Milk is already in for me... its tough and tiring but let's not give up for our baby's sake!!

4y ago

Oh my! I couldn't find this post for awhile so didn't see you response. Thanks JW for sharing your schedule, I've been doing somewhat the same but it got really tiring, so I don't pump after all sessions, but it's working for me cause I appreciate the needed rest!

Hi my Friend! I forgot when my milk started coming in, but maybe you can try pumping every 2-3hourly to increase yield if you haven’t done that? It’s tiring but I think it worked!!

5y ago

And don’t stress, mummy! Stress reduces your milk supply.

VIP Member

Drink more red dates tea, milo. Take more fluid to build ur capacity. Need to rest enough too. If possible take lactation cookies and mama milk.

drink lots of water, rest as much as you can, latch your baby directly.. alternatively do pumping of milk

Dont worry diff ppl diff. Mine only week 3, week 1 and 2 is total nothing. No droplets too.

VIP Member

Hi... try to feed your child via latching. Latching will increase breast milk. Keep trying

5y ago

But my LO drink very slow and lazy to latch too.. Cos now we bottle feed.

There’s this thing called power pumping. Can google it and try