Long travel during pregnancy

Hi all mummies, I am going to travel to Europe that will take me 7 hours flight and another 5 hours flight to reach during my 29 weeks of pregnancy. Is it safe to do so?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

consult your dr first cause Emirates did ask me for a fit to fly letter. I just came back from London. had to wear compression stalking, walked every one hour or 2 and do exercise. I also chose the aisle seat .

TapFluencer

Depends on your pregnancy risk level. Consult your gynae and get letter of clearence. Otherwise airline have the rights to reject your boarding. Have a safe trip!

Not advisable. The travelling can be quite tiring and also because of the air pressure etc causing swollen feet and dehydration problems etc.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/tips-for-traveling-when-you-are-pregnant

Super Mum

Consult gynae. Avoid if possible otherwise rem to wear compression stockings during the flight to prevent DVT.

Super Mum

Yes. I went to Europe during 1st trimester. My gynae said it's safe as long as baby is healthy.

VIP Member

If I’m not wrong, after 28 weeks, required doctor letter in order to travel.

VIP Member

Consult ur gynae. But long flights may cause issues for ur legs...

VIP Member

Will they even let you take the flight during 3rd trimester?

In your second trimester should be fine plus consult gynae