Pregnancy Travelling

Hi mummies, preg 6mths here, can i still go travelling? Been grounded for 2yrs, hvnt been to my honeymoon after wed.. hope to take longhaul flight to either Europe/NZ. Any issues if travel on 6mths preg ? Gynae said i can go but i am concern abt the covid situation at overseas..Will airlines let me take the flight if preg 6mths? Any advice?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

one big qn to consider is: is it worth risking the pregnancy to travel now? esp with the covid situation. im sure many mummies also haven’t gone for honeymoon since wedding.. SQ allows up to 36 weeks of pregnancy, after that cannot already. take note of the risks you will be taking.. long haul flights during pregnancy can increase the risk of blood clots/DVT. if you plan to go overseas, do research potential healthcare options and hospitals in case of emergency. be cautious and go to somewhere with good health care and same conversational language so you/husband can communicate effectively with medical teams there. also check how much your insurance covers for overseas healthcare costs. One small note, you will be regarded as a foreigner and maybe treatment towards you might be different (not medical treatment but rather the attitude).

Read more

i was 20 weeks when i flew to Singapore and recently was 30 weeks pregnant and just got back to Switzerland (Singaporean living in Swiss). was a total of 18 hours including my transit time and connecting flight. most airlines will accept you as long you are below 36 weeks with a single uncomplicated pregnancy. however, above 28weeks, you need a letter from your gynae stating that you are safe to fly. before i fly out, i went to KKH. gynae checked me and baby and said i am fit to fly. SQ airlines actually didnt ask for that letter eventho i look like a whale. lol. for your covid concerns, continue wearing a mask, and often sanitise your hands and better gtt your booster shot if you have not.

Read more

Hi! I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I just got back from traveling. but only 3 hrs flight and 1,5hrs flight. most of the airlines allow pregnant women to travel up to 36 weeks pregnant with a doctor's fitness certificate. ask for one before you go traveling, ask your doctor if you're fit enough to travel. my experience, going 3 hrs flight was so-so, I wouldn't go for anything more than that. but up to you

Read more