Knitwear for newborns?

Hi mummies! I am a FTM and I wanted to know if it is okay for newborns to be in contact with knitwear? I wish to knit my baby a blanket. however, I am not sure if that's a good decision because both my husband and myself has ezcema. ps: baby is coming out in 3 months

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Different babies have different sensitivities.. I think wool doesn’t irritate most babies’ skin per se, but because it’s warm, baby may be prone to heat rash. Cotton is still the best material for Singapore weather:) and my little one has not used a blanket since birth.. safer for infants to not have it:) If you’re planning to let your baby wear mittens/booties, would you consider knitting a pair of those instead?

Read more
4y ago

Yeppies! I am planning to do that! Was pretty afraid that babies would get cold if they are in Aircon.

Super Mum

I wanted to do that for my newborn too but decide against it. Singapore weather too hot and not sure if the yarn will irritate their delicate skin. So I think I will do something for them when they are older.

VIP Member

It may not be a good idea. Not recommended for newborns to use a blanket. Swaddles are better.

VIP Member

Knitwear not so appropriate for Singapore climate. May be save your effort.