Should I sell my rocker due to space constraints?

Hi mummies and daddies! I'm currently expecting and baby is coming out end June. I was blessed a rocker by my friend. However, I don't have space to even set it up after I set my baby cot as I am living with my MIL. I'm not sure if I should keep it until I move onto my own house (Ard next year and baby will be 6 months) or should I sell it. Is a rocker necessary for you parents during the first 6 months?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As i took care of my baby singlehandedly after my ML, a rocker was rather helpful and safe as its a place where i can put baby down and buckle him up without any worries when i needed to do some chores around the house. He seemed to be entertained by the hanging mobiles on the rocker rocker too, but just for a short while when he was a younger baby. Now that he is 6.5 months, he can reach out and grab it so he enjoys sitting on it more. However, he has clingy cranky days where he refuse to sit on the rocker, but i dont see it as an issue.

Read more
4y ago

Okie thanks so much for sharing!(: Kudos to you for taking care of your baby single handedly! I admire u!

Yes keep it for the time being. My family has this “antique” rocker that was passed around since my eldest nephew used it as an infant. When mine was a baby, it kept my hands free when I’m pumping or doing housework or quick toilet break. We kept babies on rockers in living room whenever visitors come over (those were the days for weekly gathering 😢)

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for the heads up fellow mommy! I didn't think about that aspect hahah

VIP Member

Rocker is very useful. In fact my boy slept using the rocker for naps and sometimes at night, until he was like 17 months

if you don't want it can forward the blessing to another mommy

TapFluencer

did use it though not for long. try keep it if u can.

VIP Member

Better if u keep it .. it’s really helpful

a rocker is very useful..i'll keep it

VIP Member

Keep the rocker. It will help u😃

4y ago

Okie thank you for the advice!(:

VIP Member

Keep for no 2 just in case

VIP Member

A rlcker is very useful!