Breastfeeding

Hi mummies! I am currently 7 weeks pp. My supply has been low from the begining, only yielding about 60mls each pump. These few days I notice my supply is dropping to only about 20mls now. I have been drinking lots of fluid , water, barley, red dates tea, milo, oats and also eating nutritious food throughout the day. But still no improvement. My LO only wants to drink breastmilk and is rejecting FM when I try to top up. I feel very heartbroken everytime she struggles and cries. Sometimes feel like giving up breastfeeding and giving her full FM. Feel horrible that I cant satisfy her hunger. :'( Is there any hope at all to increase my supply? Any idea why this sudden drop?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mummy, if you're already latching baby directly, your pump output will be lesser since baby already drank most of it. The best way to build supply is by latching often and pumping often, diet or supplements are hit and miss. You can try power pumping once a day as well. Good luck but most importantly don't feel bad about it, you're already doing your best for your baby!

Read more

It could be stress or lack of rest. My supply is also low. I took GNC fenugreek supplyment to maintain my milk supply. However at times I feel that it has no effect. I am trying a new supplyment. Reviews seems quite good. You might wanna consider. https://legendairymilk.sg

Super Mum

Do you do direct latching? I’ve noticed that when my LO latches, sometimes she can bring about 3 let down reflexes, more than pumping can. Stress, lack of sleep, illness, medicines, less frequent pumping/feeding, dehydration can all cause a dip in the supply.