Sudden drop in supply

Feeling so defeated by my breastfeeding journey I have a low supply and have been trying many ways to build up my supply as I have always dream of bf my baby till 1yo. Baby unfortunately does not latch at all. I powerpump twice a day almost every day, and pumping 8 to 9 times a day. However when my husband went back to work, I could only pump 6 to 7 times. I have also been ordering meals that supposedly boost lactation, spamming water, taking lecithin, munching on lactation cookies etc. My flange size has also been measured by an LC, and I'm using a hospital grade pump. The only thing is there's a 5hr gap between my pump sessions in motn for me to rest. With all these, I still yield about 50ml on average. Recently my supply seems to be decreasing despite having no change in routines. Should I be giving up 😔

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m also a low supply mum. Just hit the 6mth mark and my supply decreased without change in routine. Currently I’m trying to fit pump sessions in 2.5-3hrs interval when working at home. The standard that I’ve set for myself is - if it is affecting my mental health, then I’ll stop. Otherwise I’ll still try to give. Anyways, best of luck to both of us.

Read more

Try using handsfree pumps instead. I find tt my supply got better after I switched from hospital grade to handsfree. Could be coz I can't see how much I'm producing when I pump, so I get more output when I'm less stressed about it

TapFluencer

🙏💕