Diarrhoea during pregnancy

Hi mummies! I am 9 weeks going 10 weeks and having bad diarrhoea. Any suggestions on what medicine to eat or prevent the diarrhoea?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Go see a GP and let the GP know you’re expecting. My GP didn’t give me medication to treat the diarrhoea but prescribed medication to help with the stomach wind (cause of tummy ache). The diarrhoea cleared in a few days. This happened to me in early 2nd trimester, I’m now 6 months in and baby is growing healthily so don’t worry too much & see a GP as soon as you can :) Please let your gynae know if the diarrhoea persist / worsens. Get well soon!

Read more

Go to ur GP and tell him that u are pregnant. Usually they will not give u any strong meds but charcoal pills. I had diarrhea when i was pregnant till 17 wks. U just need to drink plenty of fluids. Well, we are just some of the 'chosen' ones that the morning sickness has to go out by the other 'door'. Gdluck!

Read more

Hi, I occasionally browse through this post. May I knw how is ur diarrhea condition right nw ? How did u deal w it ? I am now week 5, sometimes I have some heartburn, sometimes diarrhea. I stop taking milk and spicy food and I realised it will stop. I didnt take any med.

4y ago

Thanks mel. Ya I had severe indigestion bloating problem.. told my gynea she like bo chap. Ask me see GP. Say I just Take gaviscon lo. So I also like bo bian. Feel hopless so i take vitagen n see how lo. Just Lao sai lo. Being a mummy not easy process for everyone. Ya once pop out will feel better which is what u r feeling now. Thanks.

My gynae said normal charcoal pills is fine, but maybe you can call up your gynae clinic to ask?

VIP Member

if u need meds, best to get it from ur Dr

VIP Member

My dr gave me charcoal pills

Seek advice from your gynae

Seek advice from gynae

Pls see gynae