Hi mummies, how many VSOP Martel bottles or DOM did you all set aside for your confinement period? I intend to do 1.5 month confinement but heard that too much intake is not good if doing breastfeeding.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My Husband family gave me 1 Martell, 4 DOM, 4 YMS & 1 dunno what brand herbal wine. I drank one Pak at night. Was told to drink in the morning but I didn't.. I prefer at night so that I can zzz better. Finished a bottle plus in a month plus.

I hardly took any n so much left in the cupboard. Firstly are u a person who will take stuff cooked w it? If bf then just have to boil longer to evaporate the alcohol more n try to take it at the longest interval from latching baby

VIP Member

i did my confinement for 48 days. i still have balance of my DOM and plus few other Martels n DOM whuch given by my inlaw. 1btl uaually can last. But it is really depends how much u use. Usually, breast feeding, i add a little.

I use DOM. Abt 4-5 bottles throughout the confinement. Not drink directly but use it to cook the black chicken herbal soup. The alcohol will somehow evaporate off. No alcohol smell.

VIP Member

Only had one bottle of DOM used in cooking, but even so .. less than 1/3 of it I think? Body was too heaty so couldn't drink any more, food also stopped adding after two weeks

1btl of Dom is enough for 28days confinement if you take 1 shot daily. Breastfeeding moms can't intake so much alcohol

VIP Member

I took quite alot of Vsop Martel .. every 3 days 1 bottle. As for DOM i dont like the taste so i only took about 1

depends on individual. some don't take alcohol at all. some use them for cooking confinement food.

I didn’t consume at all coz try to avoid alcohol as breastfeeding LO

I nv drink any even though they were given to me as gift