6 week check up

Hi mummies. Did all of you receive an appointment for your 6 week post-birth check up? I've given birth in December and up till now no appointment given. Called KKH many times and all they do is say they'll get back to me. Before I gave birth my doctor said she'll arrange an appointment for my 6 weeks check up & IUD insertion on the same day. Kindly advise. TIA.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Not sure how its like in KKH coz I went to a private gynae. But yes you really do need to go and get checked up. Call and bug them until they give you the appointment. No point waiting for them, they'll have so many patients and you have to be proactive to champion your own needs.

4y ago

yes!! ive called & emailed so many times. im not sure what else to do and if i can make my own appointment at polyclinic. but amidst this corona virus situation, no appointments can be made right? so idk what to do.

VIP Member

I've given birth in Jan. Erm to be honest I'm kinda reluctant to go back cos I don't think it's necessary if wounds is healing properly and you're feeling like energetic like pre-preg. But probably will drop him a visit when I'm free 😂

i delivered in early feb. i was given a memo and a date to go polyclinic for my week6 post-birth checkup, on my discharge date. was there any memo given to you?

4y ago

no, i didnt receive any memo.

Me too Ive given birth in Dec.. untill nw i dun have any appointment .. only for my LO 1st checkup at kk nxt week...

VIP Member

I've given birth in January and my appt with doc is being rescheduled to march and now again to June because of Covid 19.

4y ago

but i wasnt given any date to begin with :(

Super Mum

I did. But I think now with COVID-19, a lot of appointments were postponed. You might need to give KKH more time.

4y ago

it's been 3 months since i gave birth. should i be worried? or mad tt they didnt even update me on anything or even give a date?

TapFluencer

the evolving situation is unsettling... keep on calling kkh & polyclinic... hope u get an appt slot soon!

VIP Member

Maybe now virus so they short handed and also minimise ur exposure

I gave birth in Dec. Have two check up on Jan and last check up on Feb.

4y ago

was your check up done at KK or poly? and did u make an appointment or did they give it to you?

VIP Member

Maybe call them again in a week's time...