ice lemon tea!!!

Hi Mummies, currently I'm 16 weeks preggy going to 17 weeks soon.. I realize I everyday must consume at least 2 packet of ice lemon tea. Right now ice lemon tea is like my energy booster. I only crave for ice lemon tea so far I dont crave for any thing. Will it be harmful to my baby? Is this consider as moderate amount? I'm worry it's too sweet for my baby.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank you all for the replies!! Noted I will try to cut down on the lemon tea intake or instead replace it with milk! I'm also very scare that I will get diabetics but that's the only craving I have without ice lemon tea i not able to eat my meal properly

VIP Member

Coffee n tea not advisable dear as its contain caffeine. Hv u try deffinated ones? I m a coffee drinker, i hv to swtich to deffinated. Can drink but moderate

Read more

Not advisable as tea has caffeine and it’s recommended not more than one cup of tea or coffee per day. Also, need to Ensure sugar level is not too high.

4y ago

I replace it with honey lemon

I feel it’s too much. Ice lemon tea have no nutritional value , just sugar. It doesn’t serve any purpose for the baby. If possible, pls cut

Hi Zoey, 2 packet might be a bit too much. Don't forget tea contains caffeine too. Perhaps you can try to cut down one per day instead.

TapFluencer

i didnt really cut down on eating or drinking anything during my pregnancies. but perhaps best to cut down from 2 to 1 💪

VIP Member

Try to avoid if its too sweet to prevent gestational diabetes

Maybe try diluting? Or make your own tea without sugar?

4y ago

Ok I will try go and buy lemon and make own tea.. but tea wise also cannot consume too much

As long as you take it in moderation :)

VIP Member

try to cut down once a day .