breast pump

Hi mummies. Do u bring your breast pump along in your hospital bag? Do we need it during our stay there?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Not necessary cause you can try to latch your baby. Washing and sterilization the parts will be troublesome and usually there’s not much milk in the first few days. You can bring a haakaa if you prefer.

I brought mine to the hospital but ended up not using it because milk haven’t kick in. Hospital gave me some syringes to collect colostrum instead.

VIP Member

No. Hospital will let ur baby latch on during your stay there. It’s the best way to stimulate milk supply and promote bonding with your lo.

No you won't need it in hospital. Better to try latching direct first and not turn to pump so you can establish a relationship

VIP Member

U should bring if u are first time mummy. Cos u can ask the lactation consultant to teach u how to use the breast pump.

Super Mum

I did just incase. It was a gd thing cus i ended up with a c sect and hv a hard time latching due to short nipples

TapFluencer

I brought but didn't really use. Milk supply haven kick in and i was given a syringe instead.

Not needed but u can bring if you want the lactation consultant to guide you on how to use.

VIP Member

I brought just in case but didn't use it as I was latching directly.

Not necessary. Hospital will teach you to latch on