Hospital Bag Checklist

Understand that we are supposed to bring own personal night gown during the hospital stay in. But do hospital provide patient gown for us? Do we need to bring our own breast pump? What are the items needed to bring for hospital?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't need to carry alot of unnecessary stuff in your hospital bag. You'll be given a set of hospital gown to change into. Just bring along a new set of clean clothes for you to go home with. Baby's clothes, swaddle, cap if needed, booties and mittens. If you have started to leak then bring your own breast pad. Otherwise no need. And your hp charger & toiletries. Maternity pad, baby's diaper, wet tissues will be provided and don't forget to bring that all home too. Normally nurses will encourage you to latch on. I have never brought along any breast pump cos I wanna go easy on my hospital bag and just directly latch my baby eventhough my milk still haven't come out yet. Keep latching to stimulate the milk production. Breast pump is normally not needed to bring along.

Read more
3y ago

Yes, you don't need to actually cos it will be provided but you can bring along a cardigan/jacket just in case it gets cold at night. I'm not sure if the hospital you're staying in will bath your baby cos mine didn't & I heard from others, their baby was only cleaned too but not bathed. I've also never brought along my baby's towel but you can pack just in case. I will bath my baby once we've reached home.

Hi! Hospital gown is not practical for me. I would wear my own cardigan and wear with nursing tank top With a comfy stretchable skirt so its easy for me to go toilet and chAnge myself. ( pads, sometimes overflow). And remember u are sore everywhere after birth. Bring a pillow that u are comfy with if u are the fussy type like me. A change of clothes to go home for yourself and baby (baby blanket,cap, mitten booties) Nursing bra and nursing pad. Avoid bringing jewellery or valuables like gold necklace or ring. Personal toiletries. Phone charger. Hospital have thier own pump. But better bring your own. Get yourself all comfy! Take care!

Read more
VIP Member

Hospitals normally provides patient’s gown. Better if you bring your own pump.

Here’s a checklist that i’ve saved.

Post reply image