Breast pump to hospital

This is my first pregnancy and will be delivering @ KKH. During our stay @ hospital, will we be wearing our own pyjamas or the ones hospital provide? And Do we need to bring breast pump to the hospital? (If yes, manual or electric) Will there be a lactation consultant to teach us? #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Its a dress like pajamas for the stay! Pretty comfy. They will give u a new set with a towel every evening. The day after delivery a lactation consultant will drop by and assist with latching techniques and such. They will assess how u do it and share advice on sore nipples or blisters and such. Also Just bring ur own pump, anything ure comfortable with. The nurses will usually help sterilise them after use too. I used the imani ones. U can borrow the hospital ones which sounded pricey for me but can enquire at the finance counter. Good luck

Read more

Nope, usually my friends and I don’t bring breast pump to the hospital as it’s important for direct latch after baby is born. You can bring it if you need your lactation consultant to guide you though but the medical grade kind of breast pump is super heavy.

You will be provided with hospital gown,no home PJs. Up to you, some mummies bring their own. You can check with the nurse for bf consultant. Alternatively there's a class for breastfeeding too.

i delivered at TMC. i did bring my own pyjamas but i wore hospital gown. i also brought my electric breast pumps and TMC's lactation consultant will teach how to use all the best mummy!

Read more