Milk supply

Hi mummies! It's been day 5 since my baby is born and my milk supply whenever I pumped is at roughly 10ml or less..is this considered ok or too little milk for a start? I breastfeed my baby and give him formula to supplement as well.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Latch on is the best way to slowly increase feed. My suggestion is BM by syringe feed + latch on. I have very high protein diet (fenugreek supplement [3 tablet, 2-3times per day]+ oat milk drink x2/day) My BM went from 10mL to 30mL and D7/8 is around 60-80 mL per 30 min express. Size of the flange is very important!

Read more
VIP Member

Drink lots of fluid and don’t stress. If you can, don’t supplement with formula. Babies stomachs are really small. Just latch on demand, so your supply will increase

4y ago

So true! Work on a good latch, this will help the best with your supply. If you’re struggling to latch do seek out the support of a lactation consultant. It changed my journey from express pumping to only direct latch, it’s really much easier

Super Mum

It’s ok:) drink loads of fluids, eat well and keep pumping regularly. More will come soon:) every mum’s supply is different.

VIP Member

I have that amount at day 5 too. Dont give up and dont need to stock up so much formula milk. It will increase gradually.

Not all will increase. I pumped for 4mths still less than 50ml every 3 hrly until I gave up.

VIP Member

It’s ok. Enough for your LO’s tiny stomach. Your supply will increase over the next few days.

Super Mum

Look for support group with other mummies if you need to talk to others and stay low

VIP Member

It’s normal. Slowly it will increase. Please do continue to drink more fluid

VIP Member

10ml is over how many hours? Latch baby often to build supply.

TapFluencer

Easily stressed so didnt have much to give