Your views on Oscar test

For mummies above 30s, can you share your views (and results if possible) of your oscar test? Whether you have taken or not and why?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 35. Gynae asked me to take, and the result came out normal. To me, I was thinking, this is a basic test. So touch wood if the risk is high, then i will go for further tests, and if all the tests also prove high risk, then i will not keep the baby. However, if the test is normal, i wont b doing other test anymore. It is just like to make me feel secured, cos i am alrdy 35. And this is my 1st child. So i need some reassurance.

Read more

I am 32 and I did the Oscars test. I went for it because I would like to be prepared if it revealed a less than ideal result The risk for DS from my test was 1 in 9000 , and about 1 in 20000 for the other genetic abnormalities. That is considered low risk so we did not pursue any further genetic testing

Read more

I did it during my 1st pregnancy cos u know 1st time parents, not too sure and will just do what the gynae recommends. However, I chose to opt out for my 2nd as I thot that whatever the result may be, I will still keep the baby. So I just went with the FA scan to check baby's growth.

I have miscarriage once at age 34. I'm 36 and now at 14 wks, thank God. I opt for NIPT that gives 99% accuracy because we are very practical person and we want assurance a healthy baby. My NIPT result all good. I got to know the baby gender is a joy to us.

VIP Member

I hv taken this test n the results r normal .. I think it’s not necessary.. I really don’t hv any idea abt this test hence with docs suggestion I just gone for it ..

I did that for my #1. Result came out to he high risk but after further test, result came out to be normal. I opt out for #2 and coming #3 also didnt do the test.

Didnt do with my 2 boys and not doing it with my bump. Some wants to know it before to prepare themselves, some just let it be. Follow your gut :)

Super Mum

I took it due to past miscarriage history and age reasons. The scan also quite detailed so helps give us assurance that baby is alright.

I took it because I had 2 miscarriages previously. Husband just wanted to be extra safe in a way. Result came out ok.

Took NIPT test instead as Oscar test is not that accurate. It gives u a peace of mind that baby is healthy and normal.