Mother in Law

Mother in law wants to resign her job after I deliver the baby and stay with us forever. I know everyone would say it would be a big help and all. But I don’t mind if she comes to take care of the baby and resumes her job. But she wants to resign her job and stay with us forever. This isn’t about the baby anymore because it’s like taking away the private life I have with my husband too. It’s like I’m losing everything. Husband, baby, privacy, freedom etc. I can’t discuss this with her or my husband because my husband has no dad and he would say he would want to take care of his mom. I’m supposed to be stress free during this pregnancy but I’m feeling sad. I may sound like a bad person for not wanting to live with my mother in law but I just hope someone would understand that my feelings are valid. Thanks for listening guys. There’s no solution to this and I just have to go through this. 😔

7 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

U r not a bad person.. we want to live our life with freedom and privacy.. having others family member in our home really is stressful.. ur mil should ur ur opinion first..

10mo ago

He did and I said what I could possibly deliver in a politest way. But he has no options since his mother is very conservative and she gets offended or defensive about it even when he tries to start that topic. And you’re totally right about the commitment part because I just got retrenched from my job and I need to find a new job for our sake and the baby’s sake. The expenses are already going up and if she’s here, we have to support her too. In this case, it’s my mother in law who needs a clear understanding but she’s from a very conservative background and no way she could possibly understand this without getting offended. And not to mention if that happens, that could possibly damage my relationship with my husband as well.