MIL OH MIL šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

Just wanna let go of this frustration here. So my husband bought a house for us and weā€™re moving in after getting married only. We have a 5 months old baby now. And for the house, my MIL contributed some money too since husbandā€™s loan wasnā€™t enough. We got the keys last week and my MIL started saying we should paint this colour that colour here. We should do a kitchen like this. Everything as if itā€™s her house. I couldnā€™t voice out because itā€™s my husbandā€™s house (but he bought for us). Canā€™t just hear her and let go too because she expect us to do the exact way she wanted. Iā€™m clueless. I had the dream to makeover the house how my husband and I wanted with our baby. When I told my husband, he just said sheā€™s giving ā€œsuggestionsā€ and to just do the way I want. But I surely know she wants it exactly the way she wants because she always comes tell me her ideas when husband is not around and expect an answer from me. Also I noticed husband started giving ideas after a call from his mom recently and I know itā€™s not his own ideas. Oh headache.

1 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

I understand this situation as I used to have MIL say alot. I do get angry n frustrated too coz we r the center person. n it's rude also to tel MIL off or tel husband how his mother really is behind him.. maybe what u can do is do a plan on what color or things u want on your own house n then show him n see what he says. if he says ok nice , we can do that, then your good . of he say no, have to see what MIL say then maybe it's time u tel him politely about your part of now MIL will hesitate to do this n that for the house when he's not home. or other option is do not tel your husband about it but talk to your MIL nicely about how you feel. hopefully she will understand.

Baca lagi