helper

Mother of 2 and can't entrust helper when going back to work. Planning to bring kids to my mother and have helper followed. Can helper helping out mother with her house chores?

19 Replies
Write a reply
Super Mum

If the agreement is to follow the kids, there is no issue cos thats part of the agreed job scope.

Legally, she is not supposed to work in any house other than yours n in ur case she is supposed to only take care of ur kids n ur chores. You can definately talk to her about this, the good ones agree to it.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes ofcourse but you need to speak to her first

VIP Member

If your helper is good she can help It is a good idea to leave the kids there

Legally will b an issue. Just saw yesterday a notice in condo mentioning similar thingy but fir money. Guess even without money also not allowed.

VIP Member

By right cannot... If she complains that's it

Hi, This sounds like a good option but might not be legally feasible. Best would be to talk to your helper first about this

VIP Member

Legally, she can take care of your baby but she cannot do housework for 2 houses. Anything outside this is discretionary. Even if she initially say yes, ok, if she doesn't want to work and tells on you, you will also get into trouble.

Read more
Super Mum

Should be illegal for helper to work anywhere outside your house, however if she's only taking care of baby it's OK. My helper also travels to my MILs house when I go to work but she only watches my baby there (MIL has her own helper) so no issue

Read more
Super Mum

By right cannot.